For the past couple of years Ali Edwards (one of my favorite scrapbookers) has created a Summer Manifesto; a list of things she wants to do during the summer months. I think it's a great idea to make a conscious decision to focus on summertime goals because the summer goes by so quickly. Every summer there are more social events to attend (graduations, weddings, etc.) and plenty of yard work to do (lawn mowing, gardening, etc.), which makes it really easy to focus on the things you HAVE to do and forget about, or put off, the things you really WANT to do.
In an effort to keep my WANT to do's in front of me I thought I'd create a list of things that I WANT to do this summer.
T O P T E N G O A L S F O R T H E S U M M E R O F 2 0 1 4
- Read books. I'm going to set a goal of reading at least four books by August 31st. I'll share the book title and my review of the book as I complete each one.
- Take advantage of the local Farmer's Market to stock up on fruits & vegetables every week.
- Eat lunch outside on the weekends.
- Use my grill at least once a week.
- Host an outdoor dinner party, complete with cute patio lights.
- Brainstorm new shop ideas; design, determine pricing and set schedule.
- Create a foundation for the 2014 Week in the Life documentation (which will take place in September). Locate album, determine color scheme, find paper and embellishments, etc.
- Spend time at the lake.
- Continue my goal to walk Two Miles a Day.
- Take random days off work to enjoy the beautiful weather.
Over the course of the summer I'll share more thoughts about these goals in a new series called Top 10 Summer Goals for 2014. Each week I'll focus on one goal; sharing my reasons for including the goal and any progress I've made.
Watch for this new series every Wednesday.