I have been busy working on some baby shower invitations for a custom order and I finished them up tonight. I decided to make the invitations as a single sheet, or open faced invitation. I was asked to use the colors blue and brown and I looked through my patterned paper but in the end decided that a solid, textured blue and brown would work the best.
When I'm making multiples of an item it works best for me to cut, punch, print and stamp all of the parts and then work in assembly line fashion to put the items together.
Attaching the ribbon was a bit of a challenge. I prefer to sew or staple ribbon to cardstock to ensure it will stay in place, but there just wasn't a good place to hide either stitches or staples on this invitation so I decided to use ribbon glue. That meant that all of the ribbon had to be attached and then left to dry for a bit. I hadn't use this glue before but it seemed to work really well. I attached the ribbon with some extra on each end which I then pulled around and glued on the back.
All of the ribbon is attached and drying. I let it dry for about 15 minutes before moving on to the next step.
The invitations and their envelopes are all ready to go in the mail. It's always nice to complete a project and see the results! This order was for 16 invitations and took two evenings - one for design and paper selection and one to put the invitations together.
If you visit my Etsy shop you will notice that I don't have any invitations listed, but I'm always happy to do custom work. This customer contacted me with her request and I invite you to do the same.